I had always been interested in and admired the Indian culture as I have roots in India. My Grandmother is Anglo-Indian, this meaning that whilst she was born and raised in India, she was brought up Roman Catholic as opposed to Hindu or Muslim. Even though her upbringing wasn't traditionally Indian, I felt little influences of Indian culture as I was growing up - for example, when I started eating solid food as a young'un, my mum would give me curried rice. To this day, it's probably one of my favourite foods. Still can't make it like my mumma can, though.
I don't think I'll ever be able to describe how it felt being there. I was practicing yoga and meditation daily, exploring when I could. I even managed to go to a Temple Festival and an elephant casually just walked across my path. It sounds so cliche, but I found myself at total peace, at one with myself. My stresses all seemed to be put into perspective; I've come to realise that things will, as much as I stress about them, be okay. If I work towards something, I can achieve it. But for right now, it's okay to not be completely secure and have a lot of questions in your life. It's okay to not have all your shit together in your early twenties.
I won't bore you all with what happened on the day I wore this outfit, as all I did was travel for 10 hours. But I will say that I am so miffed that my waistband was slightly wonky in these photos! I absolutely love these trackies, I never want to travel in anything else.
Next week will be part two of my India series, stay tuned!
xo
I don't think I'll ever be able to describe how it felt being there. I was practicing yoga and meditation daily, exploring when I could. I even managed to go to a Temple Festival and an elephant casually just walked across my path. It sounds so cliche, but I found myself at total peace, at one with myself. My stresses all seemed to be put into perspective; I've come to realise that things will, as much as I stress about them, be okay. If I work towards something, I can achieve it. But for right now, it's okay to not be completely secure and have a lot of questions in your life. It's okay to not have all your shit together in your early twenties.
I won't bore you all with what happened on the day I wore this outfit, as all I did was travel for 10 hours. But I will say that I am so miffed that my waistband was slightly wonky in these photos! I absolutely love these trackies, I never want to travel in anything else.
Next week will be part two of my India series, stay tuned!
xo
What I'm Wearing:
Vest Top - New Look
Kimono - Topshop
Trakkies - Abandon Ship Apparel
Shoes - Nike
Sunglasses - Next (would you believe it!)
Vest Top - New Look
Kimono - Topshop
Trakkies - Abandon Ship Apparel
Shoes - Nike
Sunglasses - Next (would you believe it!)
(I was given the lei upon my arrival at the hotel, and they blessed us upon arrival too. How amazing is that?)

Hello doll. This rocks. Now you know the other me. Lol. Rock on doll.
ReplyDelete