Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Bestival!


Bestival blew me away once again this year. Bar the rain and my rain-related hissy fit, it was an incredible weekend filled with brilliant performances, sick dj sets and ridiculous costumes.

As an excuse to relive Bestival all over again, I've made a list of my favourite highlights of the weekend.


In no particular order, here are the top 5:

5. Jessie Ware. I was never really a fan of her before, but seeing her live completely changed my mind. Not only did she look fabulous (best performer costume!), she did a sick cover of Julio Bashmore's 'Battle Middle for You'. She's effortlessly soulful and so humble which was so nice to see. I spent the whole time wanting to give her a cuddle but also wanting to boogie. Loved it.
© The Guardian 2013

4. The guy who dressed up as Seamus from Family Guy:


3. Wu-Tang Clan. Their set proved that they ain't nuthin to f*ck with. I'm a sucker for old school hip hop so seeing these guys live was absolutely insane.

2. Hudson Mohawke. I cannot describe how much I love trap music. I did not stop flipping my sh*t throughout his entire set. He played the sickest tracks, including ones that he had made with TNGHT and other tunes that he had produced (Blood on the Leaves, anyone?). He was djing at The Port, which was a stage that was basically just a big boat with a crazy light show as well. I wish I could relive that set over and over.

1. Chic featuring Nile Rogers. No words can do them justice! They played all the classic tunes from the 70s and 80s and I don't think anyone in the crowd stopped boogying for their entire set. They were slick, sassy and totally flawless.

Oh and special mentions for Elton John and Snoop Dogg because...well, Elton John and Snoop Dogg.



I hope you liked this post, any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
Should hopefully have some outfit posts up soon, plus I'll soon be able to share with you some behind the scenes footage from my most recent video shoot with YehBwoy Entertainment!

'Til next time!

Kitty xo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© rookieoftheyear | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig