Friday, 11 October 2013

Work Bitch! Pre-Uni Haul.


    


So the time has come for me to start university again for the final year (gulp). So of course I had to go shopping to prepare for/cushion the blow of my impending doom. Before term properly started we had a student lock-in at my local shopping centre, meaning there were discounts at shops such as River Island and Urban Outfitters, so I went mildly insane. So what did I actually get?


Pencil Skirts. So many pencil skirts.
New Look


River Island
 
Textile Federation at Urban Outfitters

I cannot describe how much I love pencil skirts, especially high waisted ones. I love the hourglass silhouette they create by cinching you in at the waist as it makes them really flattering. So when I saw these I had to pick them up. The New Look pencil skirt is leather-look and super reasonable considering (£20!), I'm a fiend for leather so I thought this was such a good find - at the moment a lot of their leather-look skirts are on sale online so go while you still can. The River Island skirt is denim look which I like as it's a nice denim alternative to jeans, plus it's really stretchy so it's well comfortable. I fell in love with the pattern on the Urban Outfitters skirt - I'm definitely going to keep an eye on the Textile Federation concession from now on.

Tee

Truly Madly Deeply at Urban Outfitters
I'm a sucker for printed tops, and this top is no exception. It's also made from a really nice jumper-like material so I don't feel guilty buying yet another vest top even though it's approaching winter. 


Boots
 
New Look
I only ever wear trainers, but I couldn't resist these boots. They zip up at the back so the buckles are purely decorative but I love this whole black/gold thing going on at the moment. I also love the cut outs on these boots, it's a sick twist on the regular black boot. 

Socks and tights
Urban Outfitters
Topshop
Seeing as it's getting colder, I thought I'd invest in some cool coloured woolen tights. Also how cute are the socks? There's an offer of 3 pairs for £8 at the moment which is all the more reason to invest.

Jeans
 
Topshop
These are potentially my favourite purchase - the Joni jeans from Topshop. People had been raving about them to me for so long so I thought I'd invest and I'm so happy I did! They're like a cheaper take on the Easy Jean by American Apparel (which I love) and they are the most comfortable pair of jeans I own. They're ridiculously flattering and shape your bum so nicely! 


Tote Bag
 
TK Maxx
This is the only mildly Uni related purchase, but probably the best bargain of all time (me? Exaggerate? Never...). This bag is the perfect size for all my books and my snazzy new iPad, plus it has so many POCKETS. I love pockets. Oh wait, it gets better - when I took it home, I looked inside and there were two extra bags inside! All for £30. So happy.
.

Earrings
 River Island
These are absolutely massive and I love them. I adore overstated jewellery and these earrings are exactly that. 

So that was my haul! Now I have to work my arse off, get down with this dissertation and listen to 'Work Bitch' by Britney on repeat for motivation.

(No seriously, if you're looking for a 'YEAH I CAN DO THIS' anthem for whatever kind of uni work/general work you have coming your way, give it a listen. It's the best).


Sorry these posts have been so erratic recently - I've been so busy getting my stuff together for uni and have generally been all over the place. I'm aiming to do weekly posts so watch this space!

Until next time,

Kitty xo



























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© rookieoftheyear | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig